Close Menu
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • Movie & OTT Releases This Week
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • NRI Life
  • Research
  • Advertise with us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Trending
  • Pallaburusu Movie Review 2026: A Heartwarming Telangana Family Drama That Will Win You Over
  • Magudam Movie Review: Vishal’s Bold Directorial Debut Delivers Mass Entertainment in 2026
  • Batwara 1947 Movie Review 2026: Sunny Deol’s Heartfelt Partition Saga Is A Must-Watch Tribute To Unity
  • Awarapan 2 Review 2026: Emraan Hashmi’s Emotional Comeback Sets Screens On Fire
  • Vishwanath and Sons Review 2026: Suriya’s Heartwarming Family Blockbuster Wins Big
  • The Traitors Season 2 Review 2026: Karan Johar’s Explosive Reality Game Returns Bigger and Better
  • Agadha Movie Review 2026: A Powerful Supernatural Thriller That Delivers Spine-Chilling Thrills
  • Vadhandhi Season 2 Review (2026): A Gripping, Powerful Thriller Anchored By Sasikumar’s Career-Best Performance
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • News
    • National
    • International
    • Entertainment
    • Achievements
    • Scam Alerts
    • Business
    • Health & Medicine
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Latest Movie Releases
    • Latest OTT Releases
  • NRI Life
  • India & Culture
  • Health & Wellness
  • Research
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Home » News » Sports
Sports

La Liga: Rayo Vallecano coach San Jose unhappy at ground switch for Alaves clash

Indian Community Editorial TeamBy Indian Community Editorial TeamAugust 19, 20262 Mins ReadNo Comments Add us to Google Preferred Sources
La Liga: Rayo Vallecano coach San Jose unhappy at ground switch for Alaves clash
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Madrid, Aug 19 (IANS) Rayo Vallecano coach Benat San Jose expressed his frustration at his side having to play its La Liga matchday 2 game in 2026-27 season at Leganés’ Butarque Stadium on Thursday rather than in the club’s own Vallecas home.

Rayo has been forced to temporarily move to the nearby second-division side’s ground after the Madrid regional government suspended its license to play in Vallecas, citing several breaches of safety regulations.

The club from the south of Madrid tried to have the game postponed, but La Liga refused, reports Xinhua.

“We’re very upset and frustrated,” admitted San Jose, speaking to the press on Wednesday when he said he had been told the game could have been held in Vallecas.

“The club has informed me over the past few days that all the paperwork and permits are in order, but that they haven’t authorised us to play… Until this morning, we were waiting to see if we could play in Vallecas,” explained the former Eibar boss.

“That hasn’t happened to us; we’ve been denied the option to play in our stadium, and it’s not an easy situation,” San Jose continued.

The Comunidad de Madrid, which owns the Vallecas Stadium in the south of the Spanish capital, has recently announced that an audit had uncovered serious maintenance deficiencies and regulatory failings.

“The audit yielded quite dismal results regarding stadium maintenance,” the regional government said in a statement, adding that maintaining the venue and complying with safety regulations and licensing requirements are the club’s responsibility.

“The Comunidad de Madrid has decided to temporarily suspend the concession to carry out these reforms. There’s no way to guarantee that something won’t happen,” the statement added. It also cited “widespread obsolescence” at the stadium and “severe regulatory non-compliance.”

The closure has deepened tensions between the club’s supporters and the regional government. Some fans have long suspected the Comunidad de Madrid wants to demolish the ageing stadium and redevelop the site for commercial and residential use, although officials have denied such plans.

–IANS

bsk/

Add us to Google Preferred Sources
Indian Community Editorial Team

The Indian Community Editorial Team curates, verifies, and publishes stories that matter to Indians worldwide. From culture and community to business and innovation, our mission is to spotlight voices, ideas, and events that bring our global community closer together. Have news or a story to share? Submit it to us at [email protected].

Add A Comment

Formula 1: Max Verstappen pens contract extension with Red Bull till 2030

August 20, 2026

Prakash Raj to play revered carnatic music maestro in ‘Jagamae Sangeetham’

August 20, 2026

Three in four occupiers plan to expand their office portfolios in India over next two years

August 20, 2026

L&T wins order worth up to Rs 5,000 crore for Dubai airport APM system

August 20, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
About Us
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
Corporate
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
© 2026 Designed by CreativeMerchants.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.