Close Menu
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • Movie & OTT Releases This Week
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • NRI Life
  • Research
  • Advertise with us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Trending
  • Pallaburusu Movie Review 2026: A Heartwarming Telangana Family Drama That Will Win You Over
  • Magudam Movie Review: Vishal’s Bold Directorial Debut Delivers Mass Entertainment in 2026
  • Batwara 1947 Movie Review 2026: Sunny Deol’s Heartfelt Partition Saga Is A Must-Watch Tribute To Unity
  • Awarapan 2 Review 2026: Emraan Hashmi’s Emotional Comeback Sets Screens On Fire
  • Vishwanath and Sons Review 2026: Suriya’s Heartwarming Family Blockbuster Wins Big
  • The Traitors Season 2 Review 2026: Karan Johar’s Explosive Reality Game Returns Bigger and Better
  • Agadha Movie Review 2026: A Powerful Supernatural Thriller That Delivers Spine-Chilling Thrills
  • Vadhandhi Season 2 Review (2026): A Gripping, Powerful Thriller Anchored By Sasikumar’s Career-Best Performance
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • News
    • National
    • International
    • Entertainment
    • Achievements
    • Scam Alerts
    • Business
    • Health & Medicine
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Latest Movie Releases
    • Latest OTT Releases
  • NRI Life
  • India & Culture
  • Health & Wellness
  • Research
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Home » News » National
National

Withdrawn Trinamool-era orders for supernumerary teachers, Bengal govt tells Calcutta HC

Indian Community Editorial TeamBy Indian Community Editorial TeamAugust 19, 20262 Mins ReadNo Comments Add us to Google Preferred Sources
Withdrawn Trinamool-era orders for supernumerary teachers, Bengal govt tells Calcutta HC
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Kolkata, Aug 19 (IANS) The West Bengal government on Wednesday told Calcutta High Court about the decision on two controversial notifications issued by the previous Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government regarding creation of 1,600 supernumerary posts for upper-primary teachers in state-run schools.

The state government had also clarified that the withdrawal of the two notifications in the matter would mean that the new state government will not go-ahead with such numerary post recruitments, which created controversies during the previous state government’s tenure and also was questioned by the Calcutta High Court earlier.

The previous Mamata Banerjee-led Cabinet created 1,600 supernumerary vacancies in the upper primary section for physical education and vocational education teachers from the waiting list.

The-then State Cabinet took this decision to reduce recruitment complications.

The matter was notified through two notifications first on May 19, 2022, and the second on October 14, 2022.

However, the Calcutta High Court’s the-then single-judge bench of Justice Biswajit Basu (now retired) dismissed the state’s decision.

The court said that supernumerary posts could not be created like regular recruitment and they could be done only in special circumstances.

The previous State Cabinet, thereafter, approached a division bench of the Calcutta High Court challenging the decision of the single-judge bench.

The case was sscheduled to be heard on Wednesday by a division bench led by Justice Rajasekhar Manthar.

However, the state government told the court about its decision to withdraw the two controversial notifications regarding the supernumerary posts recruitments.

The previous Trinamool Congress-led state government’s decision for creation of supernumerary posts also attracted strong criticism from the former judge of the Calcutta High Court, Abhijit Ganguly Gangopadhyay, who is currently the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Lok Sabha member from Tamluk constituency in East Midnapore district.

Gangopadhyay, whose court judgments had earlier opened the way from probe by the central probe agencies like Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED), to initiate probe in the multi-crore cash-for-school jobs scam in West Bengal during the previous Trinamool Congress government, had said at one point in time that the decision to create supernumerary posts was enough for the Election Commission of India (ECI) to cancel the election symbol of Trinamool Congress.

–IANS

src/khz

Add us to Google Preferred Sources
Indian Community Editorial Team

The Indian Community Editorial Team curates, verifies, and publishes stories that matter to Indians worldwide. From culture and community to business and innovation, our mission is to spotlight voices, ideas, and events that bring our global community closer together. Have news or a story to share? Submit it to us at [email protected].

Add A Comment

BWF World C’ships: Sindhu holds nerve against Zhang to set up Wang Zi Yi clash

August 19, 2026

Duleep Trophy final shifted to Chennai to allow fans in stadium, says Saikia

August 19, 2026

Soundous Moufakir reveals people advised her against doing reality shows initially

August 19, 2026

Anishma Anilkumar-starrer 'Modha Rathri' cleared for release with U/A certificate

August 19, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
About Us
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
Corporate
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
© 2026 Designed by CreativeMerchants.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.