Raipur, March 13 (IANS) In a symbolic step towards rehabilitation and mainstream integration, 78 surrendered Maoists from Sukma district visited the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly in Raipur on Friday.The group, comprising former cadres who once operated in the dense jungles of Bastar, observed live proceedings of the House — the very “Temple of Democracy” they had long rejected under Maoist ideology.Organised under the state’s “surrender and rehabilitation policy”, the educational…
Latest Sukma district News & Updates
Bijapur, Feb 26 (IANS) Two Maoists were killed, and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered following an encounter with security personnel in the Indravati river area of Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh, officials said on Thursday. According to officials, the operation was launched after specific intelligence inputs about the presence of Maoists in the Indravati River region of Bijapur. Acting on the information, a joint team of security forces initiated an anti-Maoist search operation in t…
Raipur, Feb 25 (IANS) In a major success for the “anti-Naxal” campaign in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district, two Maoists have been sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment each along with a fine of Rs 5,000. The accused, Hunga alias Guttum Sodi and Joga Kudami, both residents of Pordem village under Gadiras police station in neighbouring Sukma district, were arrested on May 20, 2024.On that day, a police team led by Assistant Sub-Inspector Udaybhan Rathiya was returning from security duty p…
Raipur, Jan 30 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai hailed the development as a testament to the state’s unwavering commitment. In a post on X, he stated, “A Naxal-free Bastar and a secure Chhattisgarh is our resolve.” He emphasised that the incident reflects the expanding atmosphere of trust, security, and development in Bastar. The Chief Minister credited the success to coordinated security operations, the establishment of robust security camps, enhanced road connectivity, and sus…
Raipur/Sukma, Jan 30 (IANS) In a fresh boost to operations against Maoists in Bastar, four Naxalites, including two women, carrying a cumulative bounty of Rs 8 lakh on their heads, surrendered before security forces in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on Friday. The cadres, affiliated with the Kistaram area committee of the banned CPI (Maoist)’s south Bastar division, laid down arms under the state government’s ‘Poona Margem’ initiative, which emphasises rehabilitation and social reintegrat…
Raipur/Sukma, Jan 7 (IANS) In a significant victory for security forces combating Left-Wing Extremism, 26 hardcore Naxalites, including seven women, surrendered simultaneously in the Maoist-affected Sukma district on Wednesday.A combined bounty of approximately Rs 64-65 lakh had been announced on these insurgents, marking a major setback to the outlawed Maoist organisation.The surrendered Maoists were active in key operational areas, including the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) Battal…
Raipur, Jan 3 (IANS) Two Maoists, who were neutralised during the anti-Naxal operations on early Saturday morning during an encounter in the forested hills of Gaganpalli-Murkipara area under Basaguda police station in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, have been identified by the security agencies. An official said that the security forces have recovered substantial arms and materials from them and identified the deceased as Area Committee Member Hunga Madkam alias Panchuga, a resident of Purvart…
Hyderabad, Jan 2 (IANS) In yet another blow to the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist, top Maoist commander Barse Deva has surrendered before the Telangana Police.Deva, who is a high-ranking commander of Battalion No. 1 of the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA), laid down arms before Telangana Director General of Police B Shivadhar Reddy.Fifteen other Maoists have also surrendered along with Deva, who hails from Chhattisgarh and was long considered a central figure in the Maoist milit…
Raipur/Jagdalpur, Dec 30 (IANS) In a significant blow to the banned CPI (Maoist) terrorist organisation, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a supplementary charge-sheet against five accused individuals, including four absconders, for their alleged role in procuring and supplying explosives intended for attacks on security forces. The charge sheet was submitted on Tuesday before the NIA Special Court in Jagdalpur. The accused—arrested individual Manish Sodhi alias Hurra, and fugi…
Raipur/Sukma, Dec 22 (IANS) In a significant blow to Maoist insurgency in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar region, security forces have dismantled an illegal arms manufacturing facility operated by Naxals in the forested hills near Meenagatta village in Sukma district, said the officials on Monday. Based on precise intelligence, a joint team from the 150th Battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the district police launched a targeted operation, completely neutralising the clandestine unit…
