Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) A three-member Appellate Committee rejected the appeal filed by Lahore Qalandars opener Fakhar Zaman against the two-match ban for ball tampering, saying there was not enough proof and thus upheld the punishment, a news report said on Thursday.The decision was on expected lines as there was enough proof against Fakhar Zaman changing the condition of the ball during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) match last week, Telecom Asia Sport reported on Thursday.“Fakhar Zaman appe…
Latest Telecom Asia Sport News & Updates
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) To add insult to injury, an unnamed Pakistan players was reported and later fined for misbehaving with a female staff during their stay at a hotel in Kandy, Sri Lanka, for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup matches and fined by team manager, a news report said on Thursday.The incident happened before Pakistan’s last Super 8 match against hosts Sri Lanka and is being talked in whispers in Pakistan Cricket Board and team circles, Telecom Asia Sport reported.“Before Pakistan’…
Islamabad, Feb 9 (IANS) Pakistan Prime Minister Shasbaz Sharif has given the green light to the Pakistan men’s team to play archrivals India in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in Colombo on Friday. An official announcement of the U-turn by Pakistan will be made later on Monday night.The change in stance in the Pakistan government has come because of requests made by the Sri Lankan President, Telecom Asia Sport reported on Monday.After a telephonic conversation between Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz…
New Delhi, Feb 7 (IANS) With diplomatic relations between neighbours Pakistan and Afghanistan at a low because of recent air strikes across the border, the Afghan government has refused to give NOC to its players to play in the Pakistan Super League, dealing another blow to the country’s cricket establishment, a news report said on Saturday. The Afghan government has decided not to allow its players to participate in the PSL following last month’s air strikes by Pakistan in Afghan strongholds ac…
Mumbai, Jan 23 (IANS) The claims of consultation with players over their decision not to play the T20 World Cup matches in India have fallen flat after the cricketers claimed they only got a message from government sports advisor Asif Nazrul, but there was no discussion about what to do.Asif Nazrul had claimed that he had discussed the matter with the members of the national cricket team when he met the players at a hotel in Dhaka on Thursday. The players, a news report claimed, were only told t…
Mumbai, Jan 22 (IANS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) decision to proceed with Bangladesh’s matches in the upcoming Men’s T20 World Cup in India as scheduled has been met with disappointment in Pakistan, with a former star claiming the decision was on expected lines, a news report said on Wednesday.Though Pakistan was left disappointed after the ICC rejected Bangladesh’s request to relocate their T20 World Cup matches out of India to Sri Lanka because of “security” reasons, sources sai…
Mumbai, Jan 16 (IANS) Sri Lanka’s star leg-spinner Wanindu Hasaranga is expected to be available for the upcoming T20I series against England, despite travelling to Singapore for a medical check-up, a news report claimed on Friday.Hasaranga is a key bowler for Sri Lanka, especially playing on the spin-friendly wickets at home. His form and fitness will be key to their aspirations at the upcoming T20 World Cup. The series against England will be a vital preparation for Sri Lanka ahead of the Wo…
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) Pakistan quick Shaheen Shah Afridi, playing for Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League (BBL) 2025-26, has been sidelined for the rest of the season due to a knee injury suffered in an earlier match in Australia’s domestic T20 league.The Brisbane Heat announced Afridi’s unavailability for the remaining matches in the BBL season in a statement on Tuesday.The Pakistan ODI captain sustained a knee cartilage injury while fielding during the final over of Brisbane Heat’s match a…
Mumbai, Dec 22 (IANS) The death of a key figure in last year’s political uprising and cancellation of the opening ceremony in Dhaka over political unrest have raised doubts over the next season of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL). As franchises ramp up preparations, questions continue to swirl around the tournament’s ability to start on schedule amid political unrest and security concerns across Bangladesh, a news report said on Monday.Though the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) remains firm …
