New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) New Zealand cricketer Rachin Ravindra has left the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026 midway and returned home to prepare for the upcoming tour of England, his franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) confirmed on Friday.In an official update, KKR said Ravindra has left the squad to focus on red-ball commitments with the New Zealand national team.”Rachin Ravindra has returned home to begin his red-ball preparations for New Zealand’s upcoming Test tour to England,” the franchi…
Latest Test Series News & Updates
Auckland, May 11 (IANS) New Zealand Cricket has postponed the proposed launch of its new men’s and women’s T20 league, NZ20, with the competition now expected to begin during the 2027-28 home summer instead of early 2027. NZC had earlier identified NZ20 as its preferred long-term model for domestic T20 cricket and has since engaged in discussions with prospective investors and stakeholders regarding the tournament’s structure and establishment. While considerable progress has been made acros…
Lahore, May 7 (IANS) The Australia’s men’s cricket team will arrive in Pakistan later this month for playing a three‑match ODI series, said the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Thursday.The series marks Australia’s first ODI assignment in Pakistan since their tour in March‑April 2022, where the hosts won by 2-1. Earlier this year, Australia toured Pakistan for a three-match T20I series, where the hosts completed a 3-0 clean sweep in Lahore.As per a PCB statement, the touring Australian …
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) Former Indian cricketer Cheteshwar Pujara admitted that attempting modern attacking shots like the reverse sweep would not have suited his batting style, saying it could have cost him his wicket in Test cricket.“Ravi bhai, if I had played such a shot in a Test match, I wouldn’t have been able to score runs. All three of my stumps would have been knocked over, because it was very difficult for me to execute that shot,” Pujara told Jio Hotstar.The remark came durin…
Dhaka, April 29 (IANS) Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has revisited its earlier decision and granted No objection certificate (NOC) to pacer Nahid Rana to allow him to participate in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) T20. The BCB previously granted NOC to Nahid to play in PSL only till April 13 citing international commitment, which includes white ball series against New Zealand. Nahid was pulled out of the tournament to manage his workload on April 13. But he’s now set to return to represent his …
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) Mohammad Rizwan has talked about his recent slump in form. He is determined to overcome this tough period and reclaim his spot in all formats for the Pakistan national cricket team.The 33-year-old is an important player in Tests and ODIs, but he has not been in Pakistan’s T20I team since the end of 2024. He was also left out of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup squad earlier this year. His struggles have continued in the ongoing Pakistan Super League, where he has only sco…
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) Pakistan’s have announced a 16-member squad for their upcoming Test series against Bangladesh. Captain Shan Masood will lead a refreshed team in the ongoing ICC World Test Championship cycleCurrently, Pakistan is in fifth place on the WTC table, with a 50 percent points tally. They aim to improve their standing against a Bangladesh side sitting in eighth place. This two-match series, starting May 8, also represents a shift in strategy as selectors have included four un…
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) Lungi Ngidi has made the slower ball his signature, but he is quick to point out it has been years in the making. Ngidi, one of the premier fast bowlers for South Africa, first lit up the IPL when Chennai Super Kings won IPL 2018 by claiming 11 wickets in just seven matches. After a brief stint with Royal Challengers Bengaluru when they won the IPL in 2025, Delhi Capitals picked him up for INR 2 crore ahead of the ongoing season. With his height, pace, variations, and …
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) England captain Ben Stokes has confirmed that his return to competitive cricket has been delayed until May due to complications from a cheekbone injury. The 34-year-old all-rounder, who was hit by a ball during a training session with Durham’s academy players in early February, underwent surgery a week later to repair the fractured cheekbone.Stokes had originally intended to return during Durham’s County Championship opening game against Kent this Friday. However, …
Sydney, Feb 25 (IANS) Australia will host Bangladesh for a Test series for the first time since 2003, from August 13- 22, Cricket Australia said on Wednesday.The opening Test will commence on August 13 at Marrara Stadium in Darwin. It will be the first time a Test has been held in Darwin since Australia hosted Sri Lanka in 2004. Darwin hosted Bangladesh in 2003 and Sri Lanka in 2004, but Australia had not played an international there since 2008 until South Africa played two T20Is there on a dro…
