Caracas, July 1 (IANS) Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said that the death toll from the two powerful earthquakes that recently struck the country has risen to 1,943, with more than 10,000 injured. The government has declared a state of emergency in the worst-affected regions and has mobilised the armed forces to assist in relief and rehabilitation efforts. Shelters have been set up for displaced families, and medical teams are providing care to the injured, Xinhua news ag…
Latest Venezuelan National Assembly News & Updates
Caracas, June 29 (IANS) Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said that the death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela Wednesday has risen to 1,450. After the two powerful magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes, Venezuela has recorded 430 light to moderate aftershocks, Rodriguez said in the latest government update on the national emergency.Earlier on Saturday, he said on state television that 3,238 people have been injured and 3,142 families affected by the disas…
Caracas, June 28 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes that struck Venezuela on Wednesday, has risen to 1,430, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Saturday, said on state television that 3,238 people have been injured and 3,142 families affected by the disaster.After the two powerful magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes, Venezuela has recorded 430 light to moderate aftershocks, Rodriguez said in the latest government update on the national emergency, Xinhua…
