Close Menu
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • Movie & OTT Releases This Week
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • NRI Life
  • Research
  • Advertise with us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Trending
  • Pallaburusu Movie Review 2026: A Heartwarming Telangana Family Drama That Will Win You Over
  • Magudam Movie Review: Vishal’s Bold Directorial Debut Delivers Mass Entertainment in 2026
  • Batwara 1947 Movie Review 2026: Sunny Deol’s Heartfelt Partition Saga Is A Must-Watch Tribute To Unity
  • Awarapan 2 Review 2026: Emraan Hashmi’s Emotional Comeback Sets Screens On Fire
  • Vishwanath and Sons Review 2026: Suriya’s Heartwarming Family Blockbuster Wins Big
  • The Traitors Season 2 Review 2026: Karan Johar’s Explosive Reality Game Returns Bigger and Better
  • Agadha Movie Review 2026: A Powerful Supernatural Thriller That Delivers Spine-Chilling Thrills
  • Vadhandhi Season 2 Review (2026): A Gripping, Powerful Thriller Anchored By Sasikumar’s Career-Best Performance
  • Indian Festivals 2026
  • News
    • National
    • International
    • Entertainment
    • Achievements
    • Scam Alerts
    • Business
    • Health & Medicine
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Latest Movie Releases
    • Latest OTT Releases
  • NRI Life
  • India & Culture
  • Health & Wellness
  • Research
Indian CommunityIndian Community
Home » News » National
National

YSRCP tried to stall DSC recruitment process, alleges Nara Lokesh

Indian Community Editorial TeamBy Indian Community Editorial TeamAugust 17, 20263 Mins ReadNo Comments Add us to Google Preferred Sources
YSRCP tried to stall DSC recruitment process, alleges Nara Lokesh
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Amaravati, Aug 17 (IANS) Dismissing the allegations of irregularities in recruitment of teachers through Mega DSC, Andhra Pradesh Education Minister Nara Lokesh alleged in the Assembly that YSR Congress Party leaders deliberately tried to stall the recruitment process by approaching courts.

Making a statement in the Assembly on Monday, Nara Lokesh said 141 cases were filed in 148 days, seeking to stop or stall the District Selection Committee (DSC).

Nara Lokesh claimed that the government was able to withstand the legal challenges because the Mega DSC notification was prepared carefully and in compliance with all rules. He said he had instructed the department that he would take serious action if the notification failed at any stage of legal scrutiny.

He asserted that the coalition government ultimately completed the Mega DSC recruitment, issued offer letters, trained the selected teachers and deployed them in schools, calling it an achievement of the “people’s government”.

Lokesh also claimed that recruitment under sports quota was conducted transparently, with the objective to encourage athletes.

He clarified that the objective was not to subject sportspersons to regular tests, but to encourage and promote sporting talent by providing appointments through the sports quota. He added that, under the leadership of the minister concerned and in accordance with the Centre’s recommendations, the number of recognised sports disciplines was expanded from 29 to 65.

Lokesh announced that the State government will conduct the DSC every year as a firm commitment to the youth, saying there would be “no second thought” and that the government would not go back on its promise.

He said the government had already filled 3,000 teacher posts through DSC this year as part of the Mega Job Calendar.

He told the House the government has so far filled around 10,060 posts through the Mega Job Calendar, covering Group-1, Group-2 and DSC recruitments, while the TET examinations were also completed recently.

Lokesh challenged former Chief Minister and YSRCP president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy to come to the House and debate the allegations of irregularities in the Mega DSC programme.

Minister Lokesh further asserted that the government was ready to answer every allegation and urged Jagan to debate the issue in the Assembly instead of holding lengthy press conferences.

He also questioned the timing of Jagan’s agitation, asking why an agitation was being launched after an entire year when the programme and teacher training had already been completed.

He also slammed Jagan over what he called the latter’s opposition to the reservation process alleging, “Jagan’s opposition is not to me or to the CM; he is questioning Ambedkar Ji”, who brought the reservation policy into the Constitution.

Lokesh said the government is committed to implementing vertical and horizontal reservations transparently and challenged Jagan to debate the issue anywhere—inside the House or outside it.

–IANS

ms/rad

Add us to Google Preferred Sources
Indian Community Editorial Team

The Indian Community Editorial Team curates, verifies, and publishes stories that matter to Indians worldwide. From culture and community to business and innovation, our mission is to spotlight voices, ideas, and events that bring our global community closer together. Have news or a story to share? Submit it to us at [email protected].

Add A Comment

1st Test: Suthar, Jadeja star as India bowl out SL for 284, take 178-run lead despite Dinusha’s ton

August 17, 2026

PVL Season 5: Suraj Chaudhary leads U21 talent into auction with Rs 9.5 lakh move to Calicut Heroes

August 17, 2026

Govt clears 31 ECMS projects worth Rs 7,877 crore, 106 approvals now total Rs 69,548 crore

August 17, 2026

Technology-driven pension services improves efficiency, saves manpower: Dr. Jitendra Singh

August 17, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
About Us
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
Corporate
  • Download Indian Community App
  • Advertise Here
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Service
© 2026 Designed by CreativeMerchants.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.