Latest Bahrain News & Updates

Tehran, March 2 (IANS) Explosions were heard in Gulf cities, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha, on Monday as Iran continued to attack several neighbouring nations, targeting both military installations and civilian infrastructure in an unprecedented regional escalation. Israel and Hezbollah also exchanged fire, further stretching the conflict beyond its initial flashpoints.In Bahrain, witnesses described being awakened by “huge bangs and wailing sirens”, with multiple explosions heard overnigh…

Bengaluru, March 2 (IANS) Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Monday said the state government is closely monitoring the situation in parts of West Asia following the escalation of tensions between US-Israel and Iran, and assured that the safety and well-being of Kannadigas abroad is the state’s highest priority.In a statement, the Chief Minister said that according to the information received so far, around 100 Kannadigas are currently stranded in the UAE, including Dubai, and nine in Ba…

Tehran, March 1 (IANS) Iran on Monday claimed that a US F-15 fighter jet had crashed in Kuwait, with videos circulating on social media purportedly showing an American pilot ejecting seconds before the aircraft went down. Footage widely shared online appears to capture a parachute descending from the sky, while other clips carried by local media outlets show what is believed to be the US pilot on the ground after ejecting from the jet. The authenticity of the videos has not been independently ve…

New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Qatar Airways has temporarily suspended flight operations following the closure of Qatari airspace amid escalating tensions in the Middle East.In a statement posted on X, the airline said: “Qatar Airways flight operations remain temporarily suspended due to the closure of Qatari airspace. Qatar Airways will resume operations once the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority announces the safe reopening of Qatari airspace. A further update will be provided on March 03 by 09:00 D…

Washington, March 2 (IANS) The United States raised its travel advisories for Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait to Level 3 — urging Americans to reconsider travel — and issued a worldwide caution after the launch of US combat operations in Iran heightened fears of retaliation and regional instability.In separate media notes, the State Department said it had authorized the departure of non-emergency US government personnel and their family members from the three Gulf countries “due to security conc…

Canberra, March 2 (IANS) Australia’s Minister for Foreign Affairs said on Monday that an estimated 115,000 Australians are currently in the Middle East after flights in and out of the region were canceled amid US-Israeli strikes against Iran.Penny Wong told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation television that the federal government is awaiting updates on the resumption of commercial flights through the Middle East before committing to repatriation flights for stranded citizens, Xinhua news ag…

Washington, March 2 (IANS) The United States and six Gulf nations strongly condemned what they described as “indiscriminate and reckless” missile and drone attacks launched by the Islamic Republic of Iran across the region, calling the strikes a “dangerous escalation” that threatens regional stability.In a joint statement released by the US State Department, the governments of the United States, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates deno…

Washington, March 2 (IANS) The United States raised its travel advisories for Bahrain and Qatar to Level 3 in the aftermath of the launch of US combat operations in Iran, citing security risks and potential disruptions across the Middle East.The State Department said it updated its Travel Advisory for Bahrain on February 28 “to reflect that the Department authorized the departure of non-emergency US government personnel and family members of US government personnel to leave Bahrain due to secu…

Mumbai, March 1 (IANS) Actress Nora Fatehi advised all to “stay united, stay prayed up” amidst the ongoing unrest in the Middle East. She uploaded a video on her Insta handle, assuring that she is safe in India at the moment.Nora expressed her distress about the ongoing situation, saying that all people really want is peace and stability, not fear.”I know that people are internally having some sort of fear of what’s gonna come tomorrow, and after seeing these visuals of what’s happening in the r…

Hyderabad, March 1 (IANS) Telangana Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy has advised all Telugu people residing in Iran and other Gulf countries to remain extremely alert in view of reports of ongoing conflict in the region. The Chief Minister urged them to strictly follow safety guidelines and adhere to advisories and warnings issued from time to time by Indian embassies in the respective countries.The Chief Minister stated that, in case of any emergency, the State Government will coordinate with th…