Latest Miomir Kecmanovic News & Updates

Kitzbühel (Austria), July 21 (IANS) Argentine star Sebastian Baez scored his first win over Miomir Kecmanovic, making a dent in his tough ATP head-to-head record against the Serbian with a hard-earned first-round victory at the Generali Open in the clay court event being played in the Austrian city on Tuesday.In a contest between two former champions at the ATP 250 event in Kitzbühel, Baez prevailed 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 to notch his first win in four tour-level encounters with Kecmanovic. The 2023 ti…

Gstaad (Switzerland), July 16 (IANS) Casper Ruud survived a major scare in his opening match at the Swiss Open Gstaad on Thursday, as he rallied past Portugal’s Jaime Faria 6-7(1), 6-4, 6-2 to reach the quarterfinals of the clay court event.Faria, who overcame Stan Wawrinka in the first round, was at his free-flowing best for large parts of his clash against Ruud to move close to his first win against a Top-20 player.However, from a set down, the Norwegian crucially increased his weight and de…

London, July 5 (IANS) World No. 1 and defending Wimbledon champion Jannik Sinner insists he is not burdened by last year’s triumph as he prepares to face Japanese qualifier Shintaro Mochizuki in the Round of 16 at the 2026 Wimbledon Championships on Sunday. Speaking ahead of the Centre Court clash, Sinner said his attention remains firmly on the immediate challenge rather than protecting his title.The Italian has endured a demanding route into the second week at the All England Club. His title d…

New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Former Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard has backed defending champion Jannik Sinner to overcome his early exit from the French Open and win his second consecutive title in a row, saying his game is ideally suited to grass, even though he was pushed to five sets in his tournament opener.Sinner survived a major scare in the first round, battling past Serbia’s Miomir Kecmanovic 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(6), 6-2, 6-3 after trailing by two sets to one. The gritty comeback also ended…

London, June 29 (IANS) World No.1 and 2025 winner Jannik Sinner overcame a scary fall and a resilient opponent to launch his Wimbledon title defence with a hard-fought victory, getting past his opponent in five sets in the opening round of men’s singles at the All-England Club in London on Monday.Playing his first match since his shock second-round exit at the Roland Garros, Sinner returned to winning ways by battling past Miomir Kecmanovic 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(6), 6-2, 6-3, despite spraying 52 unforce…

London, June 27 (IANS) Defending Wimbledon champion Jannik Sinner said he is confident his decision to skip a grass-court warm-up tournament will not hinder his title defence, insisting he and his team have used the past few weeks to prepare as thoroughly as possible ahead of the Championships.Speaking at his pre-tournament press conference at the All England Club on Saturday, the world No. 1 explained why he believes his different approach leaves him mentally ready for his opening-round clash w…

New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) The conclusion of the Italian Open brought significant movement in the latest ATP Rankings, with several players enjoying major jumps following strong campaigns in Rome. While Jannik Sinner stole the spotlight by defeating Casper Ruud in the final to complete the Career Golden Masters, the tournament also reshaped the rankings picture heading into the French Open.Ruud emerged as one of the biggest gainers inside the Top 20 after climbing eight spots to World No. 17. The …

Rome, May 9 (IANS) Daniil Medvedev received an early boost in his campaign at the Italian Open after Czech player Tomas Machac withdrew from the tournament due to illness on Saturday. The withdrawal, confirmed by the ATP ahead of the day’s play in Rome, handed former champion Medvedev a walkover into the third round without the Russian needing to step onto court.Machac, currently ranked world No. 53, had been scheduled to face Medvedev in one of the headline second-round contests at the Foro I…

Munich (Germany), April 14 (IANS) Alexander Zverev dug deep to hold off a fierce Miomir Kecmanovic comeback on Tuesday at the Munich Open, where he produced some late magic on his way to securing a 6-3, 3-6, 7-6(2) victory in the first round in Munich.Competing as the top seed and defending champion at the clay ATP 500, Zverev kept his composure after Kecmanovic rallied from a set and break down to push the match into the decider. Placed at No. 3 spot in the ATP Rankings, Zverev raised his level…

Acapulco, Feb 26 (IANS) Top sed Alexander Zverev bowed out of the Mexican Open after losing to Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic 6-3, (3)6-7, 7-6(4).This is the second time Zverev has been knocked out in the round of 16 in Acapulco, after winning the title in the 2021 edition. Kecmanovic took advantage of Zverev’s 34 unforced errors to clinch the match with a tiebreak in the third set, after the Serbian took the lead by winning the first set; however, the German evened the score in the second set. “I …