Kolkata, March 2 (IANS) Three Bangladeshi women were arrested for allegedly entering India without valid documents, Railway Police sources said on Monday.The women were detained from the Guwahati-Bengaluru Express on Sunday. They had boarded the train from New Jalpaiguri (NJP) station in north Bengal and were intercepted at Malda station.During questioning, police confirmed that all three were residents of Bangladesh and did not possess valid travel documents. They were formally arrested late on…
Latest Mymensingh district News & Updates
Dhaka, Feb 10 (IANS) As a disturbing pattern of violence against minorities continues to mount across Bangladesh, another Hindu man was hacked to death by miscreants inside his business establishment in Trishal upazila of Mymensingh district, local media reported on Tuesday. The deceased, identified as 62-year-old Sushen Chandra Sarkar, owned a business establishment named “Ms. Bhai Bhai Enterprises” in Trishal.The incident occurred on Monday night at the Bogar Bazar intersection in the upazila,…
Dhaka, Dec 7 (IANS) Former Bangladesh Prime Minister and President of the Bangladesh Awami League, Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday slammed the interim government in the country headed by Chief Advisor Muhammad Yunus for allowing extremist groups to operate with total impunity and perpetrate unspeakable atrocities against non-Muslims, especially Hindus. “Responsibility lies with those who currently exercise power and have failed in their most basic duty: to protect all citizens equally. The surge in v…
Dhaka, Jan 3 (IANS) As violence against minorities escalates in Bangladesh, another Hindu man has died on Saturday after being brutally attacked by a mob of miscreants in Damudya upazila of Shariatpur district, local media reported. The victim, Khokon Chandra Das, a businessman from Damudya, was hacked and critically injured before the assailants poured petrol on him and set him on fire earlier this week.The incident occurred near Keurbhanga Bazar in Kaneshwar Union of Damudya late Wednesday.He …
Dhaka, Dec 30 (IANS) In yet another disturbing act of violence against minorities, especially Hindus, in Bangladesh, another Hindu man was shot dead by a colleague in Bhaluka upazila of Mymensingh district, the local media reported on Tuesday. The deceased has been identified as 40-year-old Ansar member Bajendra Biswas. He was killed by fellow Ansar member Noman Mia, who has since been arrested.The Bangladesh Ansar and Village Defence Force, also known as the Ansar Bahini, is a paramilitary auxi…
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) Large numbers of people gathered outside the Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi on Tuesday to protest the brutal killing of a Hindu youth, Dipu Chandra Das, by a radical Islamist mob in Bangladesh’s Mymensingh district.Dipu Chandra Das, a garment factory worker, was lynched in the Baluka area of Mymensingh following allegations of blasphemy levelled by a Muslim co-worker.The mob attacked Das on the night of December 18, killed him, hung his body from a tree and then…
Ottawa, Dec 23 (IANS) Canadian Conservative Party MP Shuv Majumdar strongly condemned the brutal mob lynching of Hindu youth Dipu Chandra Das in Bangladesh’s Mymensingh district, saying the incident underscored that forces of hatred and extremism remain unchecked across the South Asian nation. Taking to X, Majumdar said, “Another dark chapter is unfolding in Bangladesh, unleashing the familiar pain of generational trauma. The brutal lynching of Dipu Chandra Das — a young Hindu factory worker be…
Dhaka, Dec 20 (IANS) The Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM) on Saturday asserted that blasphemy allegations have become a deadly instrument of persecution in the country — one that increasingly places religious minorities in mortal danger. The rights body stated that this reality culminated in one of the most horrifying acts of communal violence in recent months when Hindu youth Dipu Chandra Das was brutally killed in a mob lynching on Thursday night in Bhaluka Upazila of …
