Latest US Africa Command News & Updates

Washington, May 3 (IANS) US President Donald Trump said that the United States plans to withdraw “a lot further” than the 5,000 troops the Pentagon said earlier this week will leave Germany.”We’re going to cut way down and we’re cutting a lot further than 5,000,” Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One in the southeastern US state of Florida, Xinhua news agency reported.Meanwhile, a senior defence official said earlier that the Pentagon is planning to withdraw about 5,000 US troops fr…

Washington, May 2 (IANS) The Pentagon is planning to withdraw about 5,000 US troops from Germany, a senior defence official said.German Chancellor Friedrich Merz’s recent remarks on the US war with Iran had been “inappropriate and unhelpful,” the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, was quoted by US media as saying.Earlier this week, Merz criticized the United States for its “planless” military engagement in Iran, saying that the United States “is being humiliated by the Iranian leader…