Latest USS Abraham Lincoln News & Updates

Geneva, May 8 (IANS) UN experts have warned that a January fuel blockade imposed on Cuba by US President Donald Trump amounts to “energy starvation” in the country.”Cuba has been subjected to energy starvation by the United States, a condition in which the lack of fuel cripples the functioning of essential services required for a dignified life,” three independent human rights experts of the UN Human Rights Council — Surya Deva, Sofia Monsalve Suarez and Pedro Arrojo-Agudo — said in a joint st…

Washington, May 7 (IANS) US forces struck and disabled an Iranian-flagged unladen oil tanker sailing toward an Iranian port, the US Central Command said on X.The strike took place at 9 a.m. US Eastern Time on Wednesday, when the targeted vessel, Hasna, was transiting international waters en route to an Iranian port on the Gulf of Oman, said the command in a statement.”After Hasna’s crew failed to comply with repeated warnings, US forces disabled the tanker’s rudder by firing several rounds from …

Havana, May 3 (Xinhua) Cuba denounced the escalation of US military threats against the country by US President Donald Trump.”The US president escalates his threats of military aggression against Cuba to a dangerous and unprecedented scale,” Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel wrote on X.Diaz-Canel called on the international community and the American people to decide whether they would allow “such a drastic criminal act” to serve the interests of a small but wealthy and influential group seeking…

Riyadh, May 2 (IANS) The USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier has left the Middle East after taking part in operations against Iran, local media reported, citing a US official. The move leaves two US aircraft carriers in the region — the USS Abraham Lincoln and USS George H.W. Bush.The Ford had been at sea for more than 10 months, breaking the post-Vietnam War record for a US aircraft carrier deployment.On March 12, two sailors aboard the carrier were injured when a fire broke out in the main la…

New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) With the West Asia conflict now entering its fourth week, Major General G.D. Bakshi (retd.) on Thursday held that the US was “badly stuck”, and Iran, which initially had a “weak hand”, is now “playing its cards well”.After Tehran rejected Washington’s 15-point plan, Major Gen Bakshi told IANS that “America is stuck badly right now” and till the Strait of Hormuz remains closed as a result of the war, the world will continue to face “economic crisis”.Here are some excerp…

Tehran, March 3 (IANS) A 4.3-magnitude earthquake struck Iran’s Gerash region on Tuesday, amid the escalating conflict in the Islamic Republic. There were no immediate indications of major damage or injuries.The quake intensified the existing regional tensions. Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) released figures on US casualties during the first two days of what it described as retaliatory strikes, with the numbers differing significantly from those announced by the United States, r…

Washington, March 1 (IANS) Three US Service members have been killed and five others seriously wounded in what the Pentagon described as ongoing “major combat operations” under Operation ‘Epic Fury’, US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on Sunday. In an update issued at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time, US Central Command confirmed that “three US Service members have been killed in action and five are seriously wounded as part of Operation Epic Fury.””Several others sustained minor shrapnel injuries and conc…

Washington, Feb 19 (IANS) The rapid buildup of US forces in the Middle East has progressed to the point that President Donald Trump has the option to launch military action against Iran as soon as this weekend, a newspaper reported, citing administration and Pentagon officials. According to a report in The New York Times on Wednesday (local time), the military posture now allows Trump to strike Iran’s nuclear program, ballistic missiles and launch sites. However, the President “has given no …

Washington, Feb 12 (IANS) The Pentagon is ready to deploy the second aircraft carrier in the Middle East in two weeks amid heightened US-Iran tensions, a leading US media outlet reported.The carrier is likely from the US East Coast, the report quoted US officials as saying, noting the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush is completing a series of training exercises off the coast of Virginia, and it could potentially expedite those exercises, reports Xinhua news agency, quoting The Wall Street J…

Jerusalem, Feb 8 (IANS) Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said that he will travel to Washington on Wednesday to discuss the Iran-US talks with US President Donald Trump.The two will discuss “the negotiations with Iran,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement, adding that Netanyahu “believes that any talks must include restrictions on ballistic missiles and an end to support for the Iranian axis.”The announcement followed indirect talks between Iranian and US delegations held in…