Caracas, July 4 (IANS) The death toll from the twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 2,645, and 12,666 people were injured, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez, who also heads the command center for temporary camps, said on Friday in an update posted on Telegram that 6,462 people had been rescued and 86,117 families had received assistance.The earthquakes damaged 885 buildings and caused 189 others to collapse, he said, adding authoritie…
Latest Yaracuy News & Updates
Caracas, July 3 (IANS) Venezuela’s acting President Delcy Rodriguez said that the earthquakes had killed 2,595 people and injured more than 12,000 others, and destroyed 189 buildings in the country.Rodriguez, who also heads the command centre for the creation of temporary camps, earlier called on health workers, security personnel and firefighters to register on the Patria platform in order to address housing problems caused by the earthquakes.He said 25 temporary camps were active, including 13…
Caracas, July 2 (IANS) The death toll from the two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 2,295, while the number of injured has climbed to 11,267, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez has said. “As of today, there are 2,295 fatalities and 11,267 injuries. We are currently counting 12,841 affected people,” Rodriguez said during a daily update on the country’s situation on Wednesday (local time) after the earthquakes that rocked the country last week….
