Latest Bahrain News & Updates

Manama, March 9 (IANS) The Indian Embassy in Bahrain on Monday advised Indian nationals in the country to remain vigilant and take due care amid the prevailing regional situation. The Embassy asked Indian nationals to follow updates and advisories issued by it and the local authorities. It also released once again the helpline numbers for assistance and asked people to transit through Saudi Arabia from Bahrain.In the advisory released on X, the Indian Embassy in Bahrain stated, “Transit Through …

Singapore, March 9 (IANS) The Singapore government announced on Monday that it will deploy a RSAF A330 Multi-Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft in response to the urgent need of Singaporeans in the Middle East, assisting their departure from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on Tuesday. “In response to the urgent need of Singaporeans in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia for assisted departure to Singapore, and given the lack of feasible commercial options in the region, the Singapore Govern…

New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) External Affairs Minister (EAM), S. Jaishankar, on Monday informed the Rajya Sabha that 67,000 Indian nationals have returned to India from conflict-affected countries in West Asia as of March 8, as the government continues efforts to assist citizens amid the ongoing crisis in the region. Making a statement in the Upper House on the evolving situation in West Asia, EAM Jaishankar said the government had been facilitating the return of Indian citizens whenever there were…

New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) External Affairs Minister (EAM) S. Jaishankar on Monday informed the Rajya Sabha that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is closely monitoring the evolving situation in West Asia, stressing that the conflict is of particular concern to India because of the large number of Indian citizens living and working in the Gulf region.At the beginning of the session, Leader of Opposition Mallikarjun Kharge attempted to raise the issue of the death of Indian nationals during the ongoing…

Kuala Lumpur, March 7 (IANS) Malaysia has recently held phone conversations with several Middle Eastern leaders, calling for peaceful approaches and restraint to ease rising tensions in the region. Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said in several posts on social media on Saturday that Malaysia’s position was conveyed during separate phone conversations recently with Qatari Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, United Arab Emirates’ Preside…

Seoul, March 7 (IANS) A chartered plane to evacuate South Koreans from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will take off this weekend amid escalating tensions in the Middle East, the foreign ministry said Saturday.The ministry said it is arranging a 290-seat Etihad Airways chartered flight, set to depart from Abu Dhabi at noon on Sunday (local time).Starting early Saturday, the South Korean Embassy in the UAE will receive applications from South Korean nationals wishing to board the plane, with prior…

Seoul, March 7 (IANS) South Korean nationals stranded across the Middle East in the wake of a regional crisis are continuing to evacuate to safer areas with assistance from local diplomatic missions, the foreign ministry said Saturday.According to the ministry, 65 South Koreans who had been staying in Qatar safely moved to neighboring Saudi Arabia from Tuesday to Friday.In Jordan, where commercial flights remain in operation, 41 South Korean short-term visitors departed the country from Thursday…

Washington, March 6 (IANS) Nearly 24,000 American citizens have safely returned to the United States from the Middle East since late February, the US State Department said on Friday, as Washington continues efforts to assist Americans seeking to leave the region amid heightened security concerns.Assistant Secretary Dylan Johnson said the number reflects only those who have already arrived in the United States and does not include Americans who have relocated to other countries or those still tra…

New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday said that talks are on with the Shipping Ministry and shipping companies to free up cargoes stranded due to the conflict in West Asia.The government will look at ways to ease exporters’ burdens, including high insurance and shipment costs.”Every day, the inter-ministerial group talks to the exporters. Even this morning, they must have had an engagement. They take feedback, and we will not be found wanting in supporting ou…

New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has cancelled Class 10 Board examinations in several West Asian countries amid escalating tensions in the region following the ongoing conflict involving Iran, Israel, and the United States, the Embassy of India in Muscat confirmed on Friday. The Embassy of India in Muscat shared the CBSE circular on its official social media platform X, informing students and parents about the changes in the examination schedule across Gu…