Latest National mourning. News & Updates

Caracas, July 11 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,118 as crews continue to clear rubble in the hardest-hit areas, authorities said.The number of injured remained at 16,740, according to figures released in an update by Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez. A total of 6,462 people have been rescued, reports Xinhua news agency.The update said 86,794 families had received assistance, while 17,266 people were staying in 89 temporary cam…

Caracas, July 5 (IANS) The death toll from the two earthquakes that struck Venezuela last week has risen to 2,954, and 16,592 others were injured, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.In a message on his Telegram channel, Rodriguez on Saturday said 6,462 people had been rescued after the disaster hit the central states of Aragua, Miranda and La Guaira, as well as the western states of Carabobo, Yaracuy and Falcon.The update said 16,209 people were without housing, while 856 buildings…

Caracas, July 2 (IANS) Venezuela’s acting president Delcy Rodriguez has declared seven days of national mourning in tribute to the victims of the powerful earthquakes that struck the country on June 24. “In honour of the memory of the victims, I have decided to decree National Mourning for seven (7) days, starting at 6:00 p.m. today,” Rodriguez wrote in a statement posted on social media on Wednesday (local time).She said that “in these moments of profound sadness, we embrace those who suffer fr…

New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) India on Thursday categorically rejected claims that it took five days to sign the condolence book for late Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei at the Iranian Embassy in New Delhi, terming such statements as “ill-informed”. Addressing a weekly media briefing on Thursday, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal mentioned that Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri signed the condolence book on the first day of the opening of the book and urged …

New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Iran’s Embassy in New Delhi has announced that a condolence book will be opened in memory of late Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Imam Ali Khamenei, who was “martyred” on February 28, during joint United States and Israeli military strikes on Tehran.Iranian state television and official statements described the Supreme Leader’s death as an act of martyrdom that occurred amid escalating conflict. The eighty-six-year-old cleric, who had guided the nation since 1989, lost hi…