Washington, May 3 (IANS) US Attorney Jeanine Pirro said on Sunday that the suspect in last week’s shooting at a Washington event had a “premeditated” plan to kill President Donald Trump, citing evidence gathered by investigators. Pirro noted that forensic and video evidence directly links the suspect to the attack on a Secret Service officer during the incident at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner.”It is definitively his bullet,” she said, adding that a pellet from the suspect’s…
Latest Secret Service News & Updates
Washington, April 28 (IANS) A manifesto sent by the suspected gunman before the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting over the weekend outlined his intent to target the US President and senior administration officials, according to investigators.Authorities said Cole Tomas Allen emailed family members and a former employer shortly before launching the attack, attaching a document titled “Apology and Explanation.”In the message, Allen wrote: “My sincerest apologies for all the troub…
Washington, April 28 (IANS) The suspected gunman in the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting meticulously planned his movements for weeks, travelling across the United States and positioning himself inside the hotel before launching the attack, according to court documents and officials.Authorities said Cole Tomas Allen began laying the groundwork well before the April 25 event, tracking the President’s planned appearance and securing accommodation at the same venue.According to a fed…
Washington, April 27 (IANS) The White House on Monday defended the response of the United States Secret Service to the attempted attack on US President Donald Trump, saying security protocols worked as designed and the attacker was quickly neutralised.White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said the President remains confident in the agency, even as officials prepare to review procedures ahead of future public events.“The President has said he believes that the protocols worked,” Leavit…
Washington, April 27 (IANS) US President Donald Trump on said that he “wasn’t worried” as gunfire erupted during the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, even as federal investigators probed the motive of a 31-year-old suspect who allegedly targeted members of his administration.The incident unfolded late Saturday at a Washington hotel where more than 2,500 guests, including the president, first lady, vice president and senior officials, had gathered. The gunman breached the security peri…
Washington, April 27 (IANS) A gunman who breached security at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner had declared members of the Trump administration as “targets” in a manifesto sent minutes before the attack, raising fresh concerns over political violence in the United States.The suspect, identified as a 31-year-old teacher from Torrance, California, emailed the document to family members shortly before storming the venue where more than 2,500 guests — including US President Donald Trum…
Washington, April 26 (IANS) Federal investigators are expanding their probe into the suspect behind the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting, focusing on his cross-country travel, online activity, and possible writings as they work to establish motive, reports said on Sunday. Authorities have identified the suspect as 31-year-old Cole Thomas Allen of Torrance, California, who is believed to have travelled by train from the West Coast to Washington before carrying out the attack.Acting A…
Washington, April 26 (IANS) Security arrangements at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner have come under intense scrutiny a day after a gunman breached outer defences and opened fire at one of Washington’s most high-profile events, raising questions over how the suspect accessed the venue with multiple weapons. Former law enforcement officials and eyewitness accounts have pointed to potential gaps in the layered security system at the Washington Hilton, where President Donald Trump, senio…
Washington, April 26 (IANS) Acting US Attorney General Todd Blanche said on Sunday that investigators believe the suspect in the attempted attack near the White House was targeting members of the administration, as federal authorities continued to sift through evidence gathered overnight.“This investigation is just over 12 hours old, so we are still actively examining everything that happened. As of now, we have collected a fair amount of evidence, which we are going through,” Blanche said i…
Washington, April 26 (IANS) US President Donald Trump on Sunday described the suspect behind the foiled attack at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner as “a sick guy” and said early warnings about the individual may not have reached authorities in time. “The guy is a sick guy, when you read his manifesto. He hates Christians, that’s one thing for sure… and I think his sister or his brother actually was complaining about it. They were even complaining to law enforcement. H…
