London, July 25 (IANS) Premier League champions Arsenal are reportedly weighing up a move for Real Madrid forward Vinicius Jr as uncertainty continues to surround the Brazilian’s long-term future at the Spanish club.According to a report by The Athletic, Arsenal have identified the 26-year-old as one of the attacking options they are tracking ahead of the new season. While no formal negotiations have taken place, the London club are said to be closely monitoring developments regarding the winger…
Latest Arsenal News & Updates
London, July 23 (IANS) Arsenal have completed the signing of Greece international Christos Tzolis from Belgian champions Club Brugge on a long-term contract, the Premier League champions announced on Thursday.The 24-year-old forward arrives after two impressive seasons with Club Brugge, where he scored 43 goals and provided 45 assists in 108 appearances across all competitions. He helped the Belgian side win the Belgian Cup in 2025 and the Belgian Pro League title in the 2025-26 season, while al…
London, July 22 (IANS) Chelsea have completed the signing of England’s star player Morgan Rogers from Aston Villa. The 23-year-old has signed a seven-year deal to stay at Stamford Bridge until 2033, the Premier League club said. Chelsea have signed the midfielder on a deal reportedly worth 117 million pounds, making him the most expensive British player of all time, breaking the record set earlier this summer when Elliot Anderson joined Manchester City for 116 million pounds.”I’m so excited. For…
Miami, July 19 (IANS) Bukayo Saka reflected on becoming the third England player to score three goals or more in two editions of the World Cup, after Gary Lineker and Harry Kane and stated that he feels proud to be part of the elite list.Saka came away with the match ball after scoring a hat-trick, getting on the scoresheet with first in the 37th minute, doubling his tally on the stroke of half time and completing his treble from the spot late in the second period.In doing so, he became the seco…
Madrid, July 7 (IANS) La Liga president Javier Tebas has become the latest football administrator to criticise FIFA over its decision to suspend the one-match World Cup ban imposed on United States striker Folarin Balogun, describing the episode as “the tip of the iceberg” of what he called a governance model that has steadily eroded the credibility of world football.Balogun was shown a straight red card after a VAR review for a challenge on Bosnia and Herzegovina defender Tarik Muharemovic duri…
Belfast, June 24 (IANS) Cricket Ireland has confirmed that teenage batting sensation Vaibhav Sooryavanshi will be provided with a separate dressing room arrangement during India’s two-match T20I series in Ireland, starting at the Civil Service Cricket Ground in Stormont on Friday.The move ensures that strict compliance with mandatory child safeguarding policies and UK law is maintained for 15-year-old Sooryavanshi. “The Indian team has been given three separate rooms in the pavilion, and safegua…
London, June 19 (IANS) The new season of the Premier League will kick off at the Emirates Stadium in London with defending champions Arsenal playing newly-promoted Coventry City on August 21, with the Gunners hoping to start from where they left off in the 2025-26 season.The opening weekend will see Hull City host Manchester United for the season’s first Saturday lunchtime game on August 22. There are three Premier League fixtures kicking off at 15:00 — Nottingham Forest will host Leeds Unit…
Accra, June 13 (IANS) Ghana’s government has strongly criticised Canada’s decision to refuse a visa to midfielder Thomas Partey, a move that will prevent the player from featuring in the country’s opening FIFA World Cup match against Panama on June 17.The Ghanaian Foreign Ministry described the decision as “high-handed and extremely unfair” and confirmed that it had formally protested to Canadian authorities while seeking a review of the ruling.According to the Ministry, Canadian officials based…
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) FC Barcelona have announced that they have formally submitted “the bid and complete dossier” to UEFA to apply for hosting the 2029 UEFA Champions League final. The proposal has been prepared in collaboration with Barcelona City Council, the Government of Catalonia and with the support of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), as host and co-organising association.”FC Barcelona, together with Barcelona City Council, the Government of Catalonia and with the support…
Madrid, June 10 (IANS) Spain midfielder Mikel Merino believes the European champions have every reason to back themselves against any opponent at the FIFA World Cup 2026, insisting that his side can beat anyone when they are at their best. Having arrived at UEFA Euro 2024 without being considered among the leading contenders, Spain transformed perceptions by lifting the trophy and have since emerged as one of the favourites for the World Cup.”It’s true that teams didn’t see us as one of the …
