Latest England and Wales Cricket Board News & Updates

London, May 20 (IANS) Former England fast bowler Darren Gough has said head coach Brendon McCullum was ‘very lucky’ to retain his job as the head coach after the 4-1 debacle in the Ashes, while admitting he was ‘disheartened’ on missing out on the role of national selector.Gough, who claimed 467 international wickets and previously served as Yorkshire’s managing director of cricket, missed out on becoming England’s new national selector, with the role going to former Australia batter…

London, May 13 (IANS) The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has named former Australia batter Marcus North as England Men’s National Selector, marking the end of his long-standing stint with Durham County Cricket Club. North arrives at the ECB after nearly eight years at Durham, where he held the role of Director of Cricket following his appointment in 2018. Over time, his responsibilities expanded to include oversight of both the men’s and women’s professional setups at the county.As …

New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) Pakistan will tune up for the 2027 World Cup with a home tri-series with England and Sri Lanka this year, according to a report on Monday. There will be four matches, with each team facing the other once, with the top two teams playing the final. The PCB has plans for the national team, as the results in the ICC events have not been encouraging. Pakistan have not qualified for the semis of the ODI World Cup since their 2011 defeat to India in Mohali. They crashed out i…

New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) After Kavya Maran’s franchise Sunrisers Leeds bought Pakistan leg-spinner Abrar Ahmed for 190,000 pounds (Rs 2.3 crore) on Thursday in the inaugural men’s Hundred auction, the decision drew backlash from many Indian supporters on social media.Abrar became the first Pakistani international signed by an Indian-owned franchise in the tournament.”Leeds acquired Pakistan spinner Abrar Ahmed for £190k. Abrar was literally used to mock India with the having tea picture and…

New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) England cricketer Jonny Bairstow has spoken of his fear for his family’s safety after being stranded in Dubai amid escalating military tensions in the Middle East.Commercial flights leaving the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been suspended after Iran launched missile and drone strikes, preventing thousands of travellers from departing. The attacks are said to be retaliation for joint Israeli and US operations in Tehran that resulted in the killing of Iran’s Supreme…

London, Feb 25 (IANS) The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and all eight franchises competing in The Hundred have jointly announced that player selections for the upcoming season will be made strictly on cricketing merit, availability and team requirements, and no discrimination based on nationality will be made. London, Feb 25 (IANS) The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and all eight franchises competing in The Hundred have jointly announced that player selections for the upcoming sea…

Mumbai, Feb 22 (IANS) The Pakistan cricket authorities are preparing to formally raise concerns with their counterparts in England amid reports that their players may be overlooked by Indian-owned franchises in this year’s edition of The Hundred, a report said on Sunday.Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials are expected to write to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), urging them to ensure Pakistani players are treated fairly in the player auction scheduled for March 11 and 12, the Tele…

Pallekele, Feb 21 (IANS) England white ball captain Harry Brook broke his silence on reports claiming that Pakistan players are set to be ignored by Indian owned franchises in the Hundred auction, which will be held on March 12.Speaking ahead of England’s first T20 World Cup 2026 Super 8s match against the co-hosts, Sri Lanka, at the Pallekele International Stadium, Brook came out in support of the Pakistan players and felt that it would be shameful if they were not picked for the tournament. Th…

New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) Former England captain Michael Vaughan has requested the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to step in after reports emerged that the Indian Premier League-owned franchises may exclude Pakistan players from the upcoming auction for the next edition of The Hundred.The debate over the increasing role of franchise ownership structures in cricket globally has been reignited by the current controversy. As a result, this has raised many questions on whether the players’ sel…

Mumbai, Feb 7 (IANS) England captain Harry Brook has admitted that the past few weeks have been difficult following the controversy around his visit to a Wellington nightclub, but added that he now wants to move on and focus on the T20 World Cup 2026, where he will captain the side for the first time in an ICC tournament.England begins their T20 World Cup campaign against Nepal at the Wankhede Stadium on Sunday. However, their preparations have been affected by the attention around Brook’s off…