Berlin, July 8 (IANS) Rudi Voller will remain sporting director of the German Football Association (DFB) and help oversee the national team’s rebuild, with Jurgen Klopp expected to play a central role in the new setup, the 66-year-old confirmed.Voller’s future had come under scrutiny after Germany’s World Cup round of 16 elimination by Paraguay and the subsequent resignation of head coach Julian Nagelsmann.The former Germany coach said on Tuesday he had decided to fulfil his DFB contract, which …
Latest Julian Nagelsmann News & Updates
Berlin, July 5 (IANS) Jurgen Klopp has confirmed his interest in succeeding Julian Nagelsmann as Germany coach but stressed that talks with the German Football Association (DFB) and his current employer Red Bull remain necessary. Klopp had earlier expressed his reluctance over the coaching opportunity after Germany’s below-par performance in the ongoing 2026 FIFA World Cup.But he now seems to have changed his mind.In an interview with broadcaster MagentaTV on Saturday night, the 59-year-old Klop…
Berlin, July 3 (IANS) Germany head coach Julian Nagelsmann has officially stepped down from his role following the team’s disappointing FIFA World Cup 2026 campaign, with the German Football Association (DFB) confirming on Friday that it has terminated his contract with immediate effect and will begin talks with Jurgen Klopp over taking charge of the national team. The announcement comes days after Germany suffered a shock Round of 32 exit to Paraguay, losing 3-4 in a penalty shootout after regu…
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) Following Germany’s painful FIFA World Cup 2026 Round of 32 defeat to Paraguay, the German Football Association (DFB) and Julian Nagelsmann decided to part ways, with Jurgen Klopp’s name circulating as Nagelsmann successor after previously ruling himself out of the contention. After Germany loss, Nagelsmann had said he wants to carry on as coach, but there is no doubt that 59-year-old Klopp would be a popular choice to revive the fortunes of a team that went out in the g…
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Germany great Oliver Kahn while reflecting on his country’s FIFA World Cup 2026 campaign following its Round of 32 exit to Paraguay, praised the team’s quality and tactical flexibility under Julian Nagelsmann but warned that competing against the world’s best in the knockout stages required much more than individual talent. Kahn acknowledged the strides made under head coach Julian Nagelsmann but felt the team still trails the leading contenders in terms of overall quali…
Foxborough, June 30 (IANS) Germany head coach Julian Nagelsmann did not mince words after his side’s shocking exit from the FIFA World Cup 2026 and said “slow build-up play” cost the four-time champions a place in the round of 16 of the FIFA World Cup 2026. Germany’s campaign came to a dramatic end at the Boston Stadium on Tuesday after they were knocked out 4-3 on penalties by Paraguay in the Round of 32, following a 1-1 deadlock in regulation time.Germany had never lost on penalties at the…
Foxborough, June 29 (IANS) Germany enter the World Cup round of 32 carrying both confidence and caution as it prepares to face Paraguay in a knockout clash that presents an opportunity to end a long wait for sustained success on football’s biggest stage. Having reached the World Cup knockout rounds for the first time since 2014, Julian Nagelsmann’s side topped a competitive group despite stumbling in its final group-stage outing, surrendering an early lead in a 2-1 defeat to Ecuador.That setback…
Boston, June 25 (IANS) Germany head coach Julian Nagelsmann has criticised the FIFA World Cup scheduling format, arguing that teams finishing at the top of their groups are placed at a disadvantage due to limited preparation time ahead of the knockout rounds.Germany secured first place in Group E after collecting enough points to guarantee qualification before the end of the group stage. However, the four-time world champions will not know the identity of their Round of 32 opponents until the co…
Boston, June 22 (IANS) Germany have suffered a major setback in their FIFA World Cup 2026 campaign after central defender Nico Schlotterbeck was ruled out for the remainder of the tournament with an ankle ligament injury.The Borussia Dortmund defender picked up the injury during Germany’s 2-1 Group E win over the Ivory Coast on Saturday. He had to leave the game at half-time, and Antonio Rudiger took his place. Scans the following day confirmed a torn ligament in his left ankle.“Schlotterbeck …
Mexico City, June 22 (IANS) As players battle high temperatures at the FIFA World Cup in North America, a measure introduced to protect their well-being has become one of the tournament’s most debated topics. FIFA has made three-minute hydration breaks mandatory midway through each half of every match, regardless of weather conditions. The governing body says the policy ensures consistent treatment across the tournament and reflects lessons from previous competitions played in hot conditions.The…
