Latest Jorge Rodriguez News & Updates

Caracas, July 4 (IANS) The death toll from the twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 2,645, and 12,666 people were injured, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez, who also heads the command center for temporary camps, said on Friday in an update posted on Telegram that 6,462 people had been rescued and 86,117 families had received assistance.The earthquakes damaged 885 buildings and caused 189 others to collapse, he said, adding authoritie…

Caracas, July 3 (IANS) India’s humanitarian relief mission, ‘Operation Amistad’, continues to receive widespread appreciation in Venezuela, with people lauding the professionalism and quality of services being provided by the Indian team in the aftermath of the devastating earthquakes that struck the country last month. India in Venezuela took to social media ‘X’ and said, “#OperaciónAmistad – La iniciativa de ayuda humanitaria de la India en Venezuela ha recibido un amplio reconocimiento por…

Caracas, July 2 (IANS) People of Venezuela have expressed appreciation for the Indian medical team at the field hospital established under ‘Operation Amistad’ for providing treatment to those affected by the devastating earthquakes. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has shared pictures and videos on the social media platform X, which show people receiving treatment at the hospital and sharing experiences about the medical assistance being provided there.A local, sharing a story of a patient…

Caracas, July 2 (IANS) The death toll from the two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 2,295, while the number of injured has climbed to 11,267, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez has said. “As of today, there are 2,295 fatalities and 11,267 injuries. We are currently counting 12,841 affected people,” Rodriguez said during a daily update on the country’s situation on Wednesday (local time) after the earthquakes that rocked the country last week….

Caracas, July 2 (IANS) Venezuela’s acting president Delcy Rodriguez has declared seven days of national mourning in tribute to the victims of the powerful earthquakes that struck the country on June 24. “In honour of the memory of the victims, I have decided to decree National Mourning for seven (7) days, starting at 6:00 p.m. today,” Rodriguez wrote in a statement posted on social media on Wednesday (local time).She said that “in these moments of profound sadness, we embrace those who suffer fr…

Caracas, July 1 (IANS) Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said that the death toll from the two powerful earthquakes that recently struck the country has risen to 1,943, with more than 10,000 injured. The government has declared a state of emergency in the worst-affected regions and has mobilised the armed forces to assist in relief and rehabilitation efforts. Shelters have been set up for displaced families, and medical teams are providing care to the injured, Xinhua news ag…

Caracas, June 29 (IANS) The Indian Army contingent deployed in Venezuela under ‘Operation Amistad’ has established a field hospital, providing urgent medical assistance to those impacted by the devastating earthquake. In a post on X, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal stated, “Operation Amistad underway in Venezuela. Army Field Hospital giving a caring hand to those impacted by the earthquake.”India launched Operation Amistad to support Venezuela following devastatin…

Caracas, June 29 (IANS) Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said that the death toll from two powerful earthquakes that struck Venezuela Wednesday has risen to 1,450. After the two powerful magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes, Venezuela has recorded 430 light to moderate aftershocks, Rodriguez said in the latest government update on the national emergency.Earlier on Saturday, he said on state television that 3,238 people have been injured and 3,142 families affected by the disas…

Caracas, June 28 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes that struck Venezuela on Wednesday, has risen to 1,430, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Saturday, said on state television that 3,238 people have been injured and 3,142 families affected by the disaster.After the two powerful magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes, Venezuela has recorded 430 light to moderate aftershocks, Rodriguez said in the latest government update on the national emergency, Xinhua…

Caracas, June 27 (IANS) Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said that La Guaira state, which was hard hit by Wednesday’s twin earthquakes, had been placed under military control to facilitate rescue efforts and ensure security.”We want to tell everyone that La Guaira state is now fully militarised and fully under the control of the Bolivarian National Armed Forces,” Rodriguez said during a televised briefing on Friday (local time).Rodriguez said acting president Delcy Rodrigue…