Caracas, July 18 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 5,069, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.According to an official update released on Telegram, on Friday, by Rodriguez, the number of injured remained at 16,740, while 6,462 people had been rescued.The update said 21,235 people were staying in 107 temporary camps set up in the Venezuelan capital of Caracas and the central states of La Guaira, Miranda and Aragua.Since the 7.2- and 7.5-magn…
Latest Jorge Rodriguez News & Updates
Caracas, July 16 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,829, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said Wednesday. The number of injured remained at 16,740, according to figures released in an update on social media by Rodriguez.Authorities have set up 106 temporary camps, which are now housing 20,857 people affected by the disaster, and more than 63,000 personnel remain deployed in search and rescue operations, reports Xinhua news agency….
Caracas, July 13 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,490, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Sunday noted in a daily update on social media that the number of injured remained at 16,740, while the number of people receiving assistance rose to 120,794. Authorities have set up 108 temporary camps and shelters for those left homeless.A total of 31,837 Venezuelan personnel remain deployed for disaster response, supported by 2,422 …
Caracas, July 12 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,333, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Saturday said 16,740 people were injured and 6,462 had been rescued. Authorities have set up 94 temporary camps sheltering more than 18,000 people.He said about 30,000 volunteers had signed up to help victims during the critical phase of the disaster, and that the government has proposed involving them in home construction and repair, …
Caracas, July 11 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,118 as crews continue to clear rubble in the hardest-hit areas, authorities said.The number of injured remained at 16,740, according to figures released in an update by Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez. A total of 6,462 people have been rescued, reports Xinhua news agency.The update said 86,794 families had received assistance, while 17,266 people were staying in 89 temporary cam…
Caracas, July 10 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes that struck Venezuela has climbed to 3,889, with 16,740 people injured, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez said on social media that the two powerful earthquakes that hit the country on June 24 have also left 17,907 people homeless.According to the latest official figures, 6,462 people have been rescued.Since the earthquakes struck, Venezuela has recorded 1,142 aftershocks, Xinhua news agency reported….
Caracas, July 8 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 3,685, and 16,740 others were injured, according to an official update released by Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez.A total of 17,907 people have been left homeless, according to the update released on Rodriguez’s Telegram channel.Since the twin earthquakes of magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 struck on June 24, Venezuela has recorded 1,076 aftershocks, according to the update. An official report earli…
Caracas, July 6 (IANS) The death toll from the twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 3,535, with 16,740 people injured, according to an update from National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez.Additionally, 17,854 people remain homeless, Rodriguez, who also heads the command center for the creation of temporary camps, wrote in a post on Telegram.The number of people rescued remained at 6,462, while 86,794 families had received assistance, he said.An official report earlie…
Caracas, July 5 (IANS) As Indian medical teams continue to provide humanitarian support to the people affected by the devastating earthquakes in Venezuela under ‘Operation Amistad’, survivors and their families have expressed heartfelt gratitude for the treatment and care being extended in the Indian Army’s Field Hospital. The videos shared by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on X shows people praising the Indian medical team and thanking them for providing medical assistance.A woman, whos…
Caracas, July 5 (IANS) The death toll from the two earthquakes that struck Venezuela last week has risen to 2,954, and 16,592 others were injured, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.In a message on his Telegram channel, Rodriguez on Saturday said 6,462 people had been rescued after the disaster hit the central states of Aragua, Miranda and La Guaira, as well as the western states of Carabobo, Yaracuy and Falcon.The update said 16,209 people were without housing, while 856 buildings…
