Latest Kharan district News & Updates

Quetta, July 27 (IANS) The Baloch armed fighters launched a series of attacks targeting Pakistani forces and installations across multiple districts of Balochistan, leaving several personnel dead, local media reported citing sources. The fighters also seized and torched multiple vehicles transporting minerals, after opening fire on a convoy in the Nokchah area of Chagai district.The incident came against the backdrop of an “economic blockade” declared by the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA). Since t…

Quetta, July 2 (IANS) The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for 23 operations across several parts of Balochistan over the past 10 days targeting Pakistani forces that resulted in the death of 16 security personnel and injuries to several others. In a statement issued to the media, BLA spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch said that the operations conducted between June 21 and 30 targeted security forces, infrastructure, and vehicles associated with what the group described as “explo…

Quetta, May 13 (IANS) The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) has claimed responsibility for a wave of attacks against Pakistani forces across the province which resulted in the death of seven soldiers, local media reported. In a statement issued to the media, BLF spokesperson Major Gwahram Baloch said the group’s fighters ambushed a Pakistani military convoy on May 10 in the Baincha area of Surab district.The convoy was attacked with rockets, light machine guns and other automatic weapons while …

Quetta, May 1 (IANS) A leading human rights organisation has strongly condemned a Pakistani military operation in Balochistan’s Kharan district, which reportedly injured four civilians and led to the enforced disappearance of another individual.Citing reports, the Human Rights Council of Balochistan (HRCB) mentioned that mortar shelling by Pakistani forces on April 25 struck a residential area in Lijjay region of Kharan, seriously injuring two women, a man, and a one-year-old child. The victim…

Quetta, April 16 (IANS) Armed men allegedly linked to Pakistani forces are impersonating as Baloch pro-independence fighters and harassing people in parts of Kharan district in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, local residents have claimed. According to the residents, the said men identified themselves as “sarmachars”, a term commonly used for Baloch armed fighters, while travelling through different parts of the district and threatening people, The Balochistan Post reported.They alleged that the…

Quetta, March 6 (IANS) At least three civilians were allegedly extrajudicially killed by Pakistani security forces in Balochistan, according to leading human rights organisations, raising fresh concerns over the continuing cycle of violence and persecution in the restive province. Paank, the Baloch National Movement’s Human Rights Department, mentioned that the mutilated body of Ganj Bakhsh was handed over to his family on Thursday, nearly three months after he had been forcibly disappeared. His…

Quetta, Jan 19 (IANS) Amid escalating violence and security operations across Pakistan’s Balochistan province, a leading human rights organisation reported the alleged enforced disappearance of three more Baloch civilians, accusing Pakistani security forces of involvement in the latest incidents.Paank, the Baloch National Movement’s Human Rights Department, mentioned that on January 17, two brothers, Imran Baloch and Rizwan Baloch, were forcibly taken from their home in the Tusp region of Panj…