Washington/Tehran, July 19 (IANS) US forces have completed another round of strikes against Iran, with more than 50,000 US troops in the Middle East remaining “highly vigilant,” US Central Command (CENTCOM) said.”During the eighth consecutive night of US strikes, CENTCOM forces successfully hit Iranian military coastal surveillance and air defence facilities, maritime capabilities, and missile and drone storage sites to continue degrading Iranian military capabilities,” CENTCOM said in a post on…
Latest Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps News & Updates
Washington, July 19 (IANS) US forces launched a new round of strikes against Iran at the Commander in Chief’s direction, the US Central Command said in a statement.”Today at 6 p.m. ET, U.S. forces began launching new airstrikes against Iran at the Commander in Chief’s direction,” CENTCOM posted on X.”The strikes are designed to further degrade Iran’s ability to threaten commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz and swiftly punish Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps forces who launched attack…
Tehran, July 18 (IANS) At least 50 people have been killed and 500 injured in Iran in US strikes since the start of the new escalation in the Gulf.Tehran’s Health Ministry spokesman, Hossein Kermanpur, reported this on X, specifying that 12 civilians have died in the last 24 hours. According to the spokesman, 460 injured people have been discharged from the hospital, while 37 people remain hospitalised, Italian news agency Adnkronos reported.The Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei of Iran on Saturda…
Tehran, July 18 (IANS) Iran launched renewed attacks on US Gulf allies on Saturday after the US Central Command (CENTCOM) concluded a new round of strikes on Iran overnight.Iran’s semi-official Mehr news agency said that explosions were reported in Bushehr province as well as Hormozgan province’s Sirik and Qeshm counties, and the official IRNA news agency said five blasts were heard in Iran’s central Yazd province.Late on Friday, the US CENTCOM said in a post on social media platform X that US f…
Tehran, July 16 (IANS) Iran’s main military command, Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters, warned on Thursday that any US attack on Iranian power plants and bridges would trigger a devastating response against all infrastructure across West Asia. The warning came as Iranian forces struck US bases in Kuwait, Bahrain and Jordan.US President Donald Trump had said that the United States would expand its strikes on Iran to target power plants and bridges next week unless Tehran agrees to negotiate.T…
Kuwait City, July 13 (IANS) Kuwait on Monday said its armed forces are confronting hostile aerial targets within Kuwaiti airspace, while Bahrain said that the siren has been sounded and urged residents to head to the nearest safe place. The developments come after Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said that it has launched retaliatory missile and drone attacks on US military bases in Jordan, Bahrain, and Kuwait after the US’ latest airstrikes on southern Iran.In a statement shared …
Washington, July 13 (IANS) The United States launched a fresh wave of strikes against Iran after Iranian forces fired at commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, further straining a fragile ceasefire between the two countries.“At 5 p.m. ET today, US Central Command forces began launching more strikes against Iran to continue degrading their ability to attack civilian mariners and commercial ships freely transiting the Strait of Hormuz,” CENTCOM said.“The Commander in Chief has directed…
Tehran, July 12 (IANS) Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said it targeted US bases in Jordan, Qatar, and Oman on Sunday in retaliation for US attacks against southern Iranian provinces earlier in the day.In statements published on its official news outlet Sepah News, the IRGC said the US Army had carried out airstrikes against several coastal military bases and communications towers along Iran’s southern coasts.In the first phase of its retaliatory operations, the IRGC said its for…
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) India on Sunday condemned the attack on the commercial vessel GFS Galaxy carrying Indian nationals off the coast of Oman, terming the continuous incidents of attacks on commercial shipping in the region “deeply worrisome.” The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) stated that 10 of the Indian nationals on board were rescued, while one person is still reportedly missing. The MEA said that the Indian Embassy in Oman is closely monitoring the situation and coordinating with t…
Washington, July 12 (IANS) The United States launched a third round of strikes against Iran after the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps attacked a Cyprus-flagged container ship in the Strait of Hormuz, the US military said.US Central Command said its forces began the strikes at 7:15 p.m. Eastern Time (4.45 am Sunday Indian time). It said the operation was ordered by President Donald Trump in his capacity as commander in chief.The latest military action followed an attack on the M/V GFS Galaxy, a…
