Latest National Assembly News & Updates

Budapest, July 27 (IANS) India’s Ambassador to Hungary Anshuman Gaur and Gyorgy Laszlo Velkey, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Hungary, met on Monday, reaffirming the warm and friendly relations.”Our Ambassador held discussions with H.E. Mr. Gyorgy Laszlo Velkey, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Hungary. The meeting reaffirmed the warm and friendly relations between India and Hungary, and the two sides reviewed initiatives …

Cape Town, July 24 (IANS) A South African High Court on Friday ruled in favour of President Cyril Ramaphosa in his bid to halt impeachment proceedings against him over the Phala Phala case.In a majority judgment, the Western Cape High Court granted Ramaphosa an interim interdict preventing the Parliament’s impeachment committee from proceeding with its work until his challenge to the independent panel report is decided.Ramaphosa filed an urgent application on June 12seeking to prevent the parlia…

Caracas, July 18 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 5,069, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.According to an official update released on Telegram, on Friday, by Rodriguez, the number of injured remained at 16,740, while 6,462 people had been rescued.The update said 21,235 people were staying in 107 temporary camps set up in the Venezuelan capital of Caracas and the central states of La Guaira, Miranda and Aragua.Since the 7.2- and 7.5-magn…

Seoul, July 16 (IANS) South Korea’s police said Thursday they have applied for an arrest warrant for a woman who staged a solo blockade of a vote counting centre last month amid protests demanding a rerun of the June 3 local elections. The woman is accused of standing outside a door to the Olympic Park Handball Gymnasium in southern Seoul, which had been used as a ballot counting centre, on June 16 and preventing sports groups based at the stadium from entering.The woman had refused to move desp…

Seoul, July 16 (IANS) South Korea’s media watchdog said Thursday it is considering a social media restriction against children aged 14 years old and younger amid escalating concerns over excessive use of such platforms. Kim Jong-cheol, the chairman of the Korea Media and Communications Commission, made the remarks at a policy briefing in Cheong Wa Dae, emphasizing that excessive social media use by teenagers is a worldwide problem.”We are reviewing, in phases, a plan to restrict children under 1…

Caracas, July 13 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,490, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Sunday noted in a daily update on social media that the number of injured remained at 16,740, while the number of people receiving assistance rose to 120,794. Authorities have set up 108 temporary camps and shelters for those left homeless.A total of 31,837 Venezuelan personnel remain deployed for disaster response, supported by 2,422 …

Caracas, July 12 (IANS) The death toll from the June 24 earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 4,333, National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez on Saturday said 16,740 people were injured and 6,462 had been rescued. Authorities have set up 94 temporary camps sheltering more than 18,000 people.He said about 30,000 volunteers had signed up to help victims during the critical phase of the disaster, and that the government has proposed involving them in home construction and repair, …

Caracas, July 10 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes that struck Venezuela has climbed to 3,889, with 16,740 people injured, Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez said.Rodriguez said on social media that the two powerful earthquakes that hit the country on June 24 have also left 17,907 people homeless.According to the latest official figures, 6,462 people have been rescued.Since the earthquakes struck, Venezuela has recorded 1,142 aftershocks, Xinhua news agency reported….

Caracas, July 8 (IANS) The death toll from the earthquakes in Venezuela has risen to 3,685, and 16,740 others were injured, according to an official update released by Venezuelan National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez.A total of 17,907 people have been left homeless, according to the update released on Rodriguez’s Telegram channel.Since the twin earthquakes of magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 struck on June 24, Venezuela has recorded 1,076 aftershocks, according to the update. An official report earli…

Caracas, July 6 (IANS) The death toll from the twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela on June 24 has risen to 3,535, with 16,740 people injured, according to an update from National Assembly President Jorge Rodriguez.Additionally, 17,854 people remain homeless, Rodriguez, who also heads the command center for the creation of temporary camps, wrote in a post on Telegram.The number of people rescued remained at 6,462, while 86,794 families had received assistance, he said.An official report earlie…